Please make your whisky more widely available in the lancaster/morecambe/carnforth area
Drinking Whiskey for the First Time? These Five Steps will Help
Even though whiskey is one of the most popular drinks in the world, many people have never given it a second thought. Here are some of the reasons why:
- They believe whiskey is too expensive
- They think drinking whiskey makes them look silly in front of their friends
- They don’t know the first thing about how to drink it for the first time
If you are interested in giving this a try, there are a few simple steps you can take to ensure that you are on the right path.
Here are five steps for anybody who is going to be drinking whiskey for the first time:
1. Buy a high quality bottle so you don’t get sour on this drink before you give it a try. Although you may not want to spend a lot of money, when you buy cheap whiskey you are going to have a less than desirable experience. To truly enjoy your drink, you need to purchase a brand that is well known for its reputation.
Note: this doesn’t mean you should purchase the most expensive bottle on the market. You just want to make sure you get something that has a good reputation for quality.
2. Don’t drink it straight (unless you are absolutely sure that this is what you want to do). The best thing you can do as a beginner is add whiskey to another drink, such as Coca Cola. This will go a long way in ensuring that you are not knocked off your feet by the strong taste. Many people start out drinking whiskey sours, knowing that this will allow them to get used to the taste before moving on to other cocktails.
3. Whiskey and water is not a bad idea. Rather than use a mixer, dilute the whiskey with water. Again, this goes a long way in keeping the strength of the alcohol manageable. Along with this, more flavor and aroma is released into the drink, which can really help with the overall experience.
Note: experiment with how much water you add, starting with a little and then adding more until you reach your desired whiskey to water ratio.
4. Sip it, don’t chug it. Remember, you are not drinking a cheap beer here. Chugging whiskey is silly. Instead, you should sip your drink to enjoy every last drop. Before you swallow, swirl it around in your mouth. This will allow you to taste a variety of flavors, all of which make this an enjoyable drink.
5. Do you have a whiskey glass? For many years, tumblers have been used among those who are drinking whiskey. There are other options to consider, however, such as those with a tulip-shape.
You don’t need a “special” whiskey glass, but it can go a long way in bettering your experience – especially the first time around.
If you are drinking whiskey for the first time, let these five tips guide you. Soon enough, you may find that this is your new favorite drink.
Tags: how to drink
Trackback from your site.