Please make your whisky more widely available in the lancaster/morecambe/carnforth area
Get Ready for the Limited Edition Yamazaki Sherry Cask 2016
Suntory, the producer of the Best Whisky in the World in 2015, is set to introduce the single malt Yamazaki Sherry Cask 2016 in February after the success of their 2013 edition.
What you should know?
- The Sherry casks where the 2016 edition has been matured are sourced by Shinji Fukuyo, Suntory’s master blender himself, from Spain.
- The Sherry Cask 2016 is in great company as it will be joining the Yamazaki’s casks collection that includes bottles that were aged in oak, Bourbon, and Mizunara barrels.
- Its base will be made up of similar kinds of whiskies that were used during the award-winning 2013 release. It will be bottled at 48% ABV. This no-age statement expression 2016 blend was actually matured for 2 more years. The blend also has a variety of rare sherry cask single malt whiskies that were carefully chosen from over 100 malt whiskies — some of them are more than 25 years old.
- According to their master blender, the Yamazaki Sherry Cask 2016 is blended for those who love refined and subtle tastes.
- There will be a new bottle to hunt down in 2016 for Connoisseurs of Japanese whisky. It will be priced at Rs 20,000 and only 5,000 bottles will be sold in specialist whisky stores and bars starting on the 1st of February 2016.
The European Release
It was recently announced that Yamazaki Sherry Cask 2016 will be released in Europe. But since about 1,500 bottles out of the 5,000 are to be released in the Japanese market, it can be concluded that the rest will be shared between Asian, American, and European market. And while it is released in Japan in February 1st, it may take about a few weeks to months before it will be available in other parts of the world.
Trackback from your site.